Superb Water Damage Restoration Services in San Antonio, TX
We have helped our neighbors and clients restore their properties and belongings to their former glory since 1983. Along the way, we have built a reputation for doing the job right the first time and for meeting or exceeding deadline expectations. We understand the stress associated with property damage. Whether you are picking up the pieces following a severe storm or dealing with an unexpected burst pipe, MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. can help. We approach each water damage restoration project with a compassionate and personalized approach, adapting to the challenges each job poses. It is why San Antonio-based residential and commercial property owners trust our experts.
We Provide Comprehensive Water Damage Restoration Services
MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. performs water damage restoration for a variety of reasons, the most common being flooding, fire suppression, and burst pipes. The complete restoration process includes water cleanup and removal, decontamination, and drying. Expediting the process is critical because standing water and moisture is a breeding ground for bacteria and mold that can cause allergic reactions or diseases. Call us immediately if your home in San Antonio, TX or the surrounding areas suffers water damage so we can begin restoring it to its livable condition right away. Our water restoration process includes:
The water cleanup professionals at MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. have years of experience assessing the extent of water damage to homes in San Antonio, TX and the surrounding areas. An inspection involves determining both a class and category for the water damage. Understanding the class and category of your water damage will help our team of water cleanup specialists devise a plan to restore your home to its pre-damaged state.
Water damage falls into one of four classes:
- Class 1 – When water damage involves part of a room, it is considered the lowest level of water damage.
- Class 2 – In this class of water damage, the carpeting and walls of an entire room have absorbed moisture.
- Class 3 – Characteristics of class 3 water damage include saturation of most of an area, with entire walls and the ceiling affected. It is considered the worst class of water damage.
- Class 4 – This class of water damage requires special drying techniques because of damage to materials such as stone, concrete, and hardwood.
There are three categories of water damage:
- Category 1 – This category encompasses water damage from a clean water source like a toilet tank or pipe that supplies clean water. However, category 1 damage can degrade into category 2 or 3 if water cleanup services are not hasty.
- Category 2 – The second category of water damage includes “grey water,” which may come from a washing machine or dishwasher. It also comprises water from toilet overflows.
- Category 3 – Unsanitary water that can cause disease or illness falls into category 3. Sources of this category of water damage include river flooding and standing water.
We will use the information gathered during our inspection to determine which pumps and vacuums to use to remove water from your San Antonio-area home. The MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. team must begin water removal immediately to prevent bacteria and mold growth.
After our water removal experts have successfully pumped all standing water from your home and vacuumed the absorbent surfaces, we will begin drying and dehumidifying. This process will eliminate any residual moisture but may take several weeks to fully complete. Industrial-grade dehumidifiers dry the floors and walls to prevent secondary damage such as swelling and warping. Meanwhile, high-speed air movers create an airflow to expedite evaporation.
Once your home is completely dry, we will clean and sanitize your personal belongings as an additional safeguard against the growth of mold and bacteria. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests disposing of any materials that are not thoroughly cleaned and dried within two days of water damage. We will use antimicrobial agents to treat your carpets, clothes, and draperies while using air scrubbers to remove particles from the air inside your home.
The final, yet most important, step in the process is restoration. We will completely replace water-damaged drywall and insulation. In some scenarios, this may include only a few panels. However, for severe cases, the staff at MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. is capable of replacing entire walls. We can also replace tile or hardwood flooring and carpeting, as well as paint that shows signs of water damage.
Call MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. for a Free Estimate
We would not be able to deliver high-quality results to our clients without a firm commitment to superior customer care and a dedication to staying up-to-date on all of the industry’s emerging technologies. MacKenzie Restoration, Inc. is proud to provide state-of-the-art technology to our neighbors dealing with water damage in and around San Antonio, TX. Call us at the first sign of trouble to enhance the efficiency of our water damage restoration service.