A man clime in fire in Fire Insurance

Get the help you need, NOW!

Fields with (*) are required.
Full Name*
Phone Number*
Email Address*
MacKenzie works well with all insurance companies A water damage out-let

When Disaster Strikes MacKenzie Restoration Works Well With All Insurance Companies

Thinking of calling your insurance company? Call us first. We'll handle everything for you from your water damage insurance claim to the completion of the construction and restoration job.

We Work Directly With Insurance Companies

  • We will get started on your restoration project now.
  • We’ll work with your insurance company directly while we’re working to get the job done on site.
  • We have crews available 24/7 to dispatch to your property.
  • Our experts are standing by to take your call at 855-982-9654

Storm Damage

Standard policies will cover damages caused by winds and tornadoes. They will also cover some kinds of rain and snow damage. If your roof or window was damaged and snow or rain entered through the opening, they should pay for the costs of cleanup.

When it comes to rain damage, the rules that apply to water damage still apply. If the rain causes a lake to overflow, then you won’t be covered. Similarly, if the soil around your house becomes oversaturated and water starts entering your home, then you’ll have to cover the costs yourself.


  • Snow and Ice
  • Rain, wind, and tornadoes

    Not Covered

  • Floods
  • Mudslides

Fire Damage

Fire damage is almost always covered by a standard homeowner policy. The cause of the fire usually does not matter, unless it was intentionally set by the homeowner. Your provider will pay for all the fire-related damages, including cleanup of smoke damage and water damage.

In addition to paying for the structural cleaning after the fire, your insurance company will also pay for related costs such as water extraction, contents restoration, and reconstruction. They should also pay if you are forced to move out of your home for a while due to the damage.

Water Damage

Most policies make a distinction between water damage and flood damage. Your standard homeowner policy will cover water damage caused by problems such as burst pipes and backed-up plumbing. It most likely won’t cover flood damage caused by problems such as rising waters or oversaturated soil.

For example, if your basement floods as a result of a plumbing problem, then the provider should cover all related costs. On the other hand, if your basement floods because a river near your home overflowed its banks, then you won’t be covered unless you’ve taken out a specific flood insurance policy.


  • Roof and window damage
  • Backed-up plumbing or burst pipe
  • Basement floods caused by burst pipes

Not Covered

  • Rainwater seeping in through soil
  • Basement floods from overflowing lakes
  • Mudslides


The costs of mold remediation will be covered if the damage was caused by a “named peril” specifically listed in your policy. The remediation costs will not be covered if the cause of the damage is excluded from your policy.

If a pipe in your home bursts and the water damage eventually leads to mold growth, then you should be covered because most policies include pipe bursts as a covered problem. On the other hand, standard policies do not cover mold growth caused by negligence or flooding.

Contact Us to see if our Services are Covered by Your Insurance Company

You buy flood, water, and mold property insurance to financially protect yourself and your home from unforeseen natural and man-made disasters. But, homeowners' insurance policies are not all the same and do not necessarily cover all types of water and mold damage.

What does my insurance company expect from me?

A water damage kitchen A fire damage kitchen

As a  property owner you should be vigilant about home maintenance and pay attention to any water leaks that need to be attended to. Even after a flood or natural disaster, your homeowner's insurance company expects that you act quickly to minimize any water, mold, or fire damage to your property. For example: if you are aware of a water leak, make sure you call a plumber to fix it before it turns into a major flood and restoration project.

If you have a sudden leak, burst  pipes, or flooding, contact MacKenzie Restoration. We are a professional water damage and fire amge restoration company. We will dispatch a crew to your property to assess water damage and begin the water and mold clean up process immediately to prevent greater damage and greater repair costs.

Fire damage is no different. Once the fire department extinguishes your fire, contact our restoration experts immediately.

Contact us today, and we will answer any questions regarding our restoration services. MacKenzie Restorations will also assist you with reviewing your insurance policy to see if it covers the restoration services we offer.

Call MacKenzie Restoration at 855-982-9654 to  clean up, repair and restore your property from:

  • Water Damage
  • Fire Damage
  • Soot and Smoke Damage
  • Smoke Odor Removal